the vegan fork: Mmmm....vegan fork....

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Mmmm....vegan fork....

I've stumbled upon a few blogs like this before, and that's always very exciting. But they're missing something. Pictures! So as long as I can remember to take my camera with me when I'm eating around town, I'll be able to both show AND tell you about all of the yummy vegan food available in this city. That is, for as long as my friends can put up with me always saying "Wait, don't start eating yet! I need to take a picture!" and asking them such questions as "Was the mock duck firmer or mushier than the mock chicken? Can you rate the chewiness on a scale of one to five?"

As I seem to be simultaneously one of nature's list-makers but also often disorganized, I think this will be a great way for me to keep track of the various restaurants and dishes that I like and dislike. I actually have some menus from restaurants where I've intended to try as many dishes as possible and rate them. I've come up with intricate rating systems involving cryptic codes, but I look back at the menus and have no idea what they mean (the "*" must be better than the "+", right? But what is that other symbol? A squiggly? What does it mean? I don't think I've ever had that dish...how could I have given it a squiggly?)

I hope you enjoy seeing the many vegan options available in NYC!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home