the vegan fork: Galaxy Global Eatery

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Galaxy Global Eatery

Galaxy Global Eatery is a restaurant on Irving Place (right next to Irving Plaza) with an international/outer-space theme AND a hemp obsession. It sounds like so much fun that I was very excited to go there.

I went for brunch...which might be part of why I didn't feel like I was in outer-space at all (like I was expecting). Maybe the atmosphere works better at night.

They have plenty of fun cocktails on the menu, but they were out of ingredients that went into several that I tried to order. I ended up with something good, but it wasn't my first (or second or third) choice. They're also one of those places that puts all of their cocktails in martini glasses, which just makes them likely to spill...which they all did plenty of as the server carried them from the bar to our table.

I had a tofu scramble, which came with tempeh bacon, some potatoes, and a salad. It was good (though nowhere nearly as good as Spring Street Natural's tofu scramble). I think the potatoes were actually some sort of potato salad with a vinaigrette. If I went back to Galaxy Global, I would probably order something else, but this wasn't bad for brunch.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Dec 29, 2006, 12:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home