the vegan fork: Village Natural

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Village Natural

Date of Visit: January 29, 2006, afternoon

Village Natural is a great place for brunch. Well, if you don't want delicious overpriced fruit-and-flavored-vodka cocktails served in martini glasses with your brunch. If you want that, go to Spring Street Natural. But if you're just in it for the food, Village Natural will do.
It's not an all-veg restaurant, but they have lots of vegetarian and vegan options. They even have vegan pancakes, but I haven't tried them yet. The other food options include salads, sandwiches with fake meat or without, scrambled tofu dishes, and some Japanese-inspired dishes served with steamed vegetables.
I had the baked millet croquettes. They're curry flavored: pleasant and mild, but nothing spectacular. I like to order them, though, because I love millet, and croquettes are always fun. They're served over noodles with a mushroom gravy (they're a little stingy with the gravy) and steamed veggies. The meal is good, and extremely filling. And it's actually not at all greasy, which is a definite plus in my book!
Village Natural is a cute little restaurant with kind of a wood-themed decor....not pretty wood, just wood. Though not chic, it's a very comfortable environment, and I've never seen it very busy.


1 Comments:

Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

I'm so glad I found your blog! I love vegan and vegetarian food and photo captures..and NYC. I saw your blog on the vegan luncnbox and thought I'd take a peek. I'm originally from NY and really miss the food, my favorite place is VP2, by far : )

Mar 3, 2006, 1:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home